Mukund Komanduri, MD, FAAOS
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Mukund Komanduri is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with more than 30 years of medical experience.
A graduate of the University of Miami where he earned his Bachelor of Science in biology, summa cum laude, and his subsequent medical degree, Dr. Komanduri completed his internship in general surgery and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
Dr. Komanduri has presented research on hand surgery at numerous conferences and served on various committees, notably as chairman of the Operating Room Efficiency Committee at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center and has received numerous awards for his research contributions.
Education & Training
- Medical School: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL (1989)
- Residency: University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic surgery – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports medicine
- Joint preservation
- Cartilage transplantation
- Hip/knee/shoulder arthroscopy
- Minimally invasive surgery
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Pinnacle Hospital
- CBC Surgery Center
- Broadwest Specialty Surgery Center
- American Medical Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- National Boards in Medical Education (Diplomat)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (Fellow)
In addition to our Crown Point location, Dr. Komanduri will be seeing patients in Valparaiso. If you are dealing with an orthopedic issue and want to consult with Dr. Komanduri, call CSS at (219) 662-2279 to schedule an appointment at either location.