Bernard E. Rerri, MD, FACS
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
Dr. Bernard E. Rerri is an orthopaedic spine surgeon at Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants in Crown Point, Indiana, with nearly 40 years of medical experience.
A graduate of the University of Ibadan Medical School in Nigeria, Dr. Rerri has practiced around the globe, completing his internship, surgical residency, and compulsory national service in general practice in Benin and Lagos, Nigeria, before completing his orthopaedic residency in training in the United Kingdom. He then served as chief resident at McMaster University Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada – where he was also an assistant clinical professor – and consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Victoria Hospital in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. In addition, Dr. Rerri completed his fellowship training at the University of Calgary’s combined Orthopedic and Neurosurgery Spine Program in 2000. In 2008, he was honored with the Nigerian Merit Award for his outstanding humanitarian work.
For the past 20 years, Dr. Rerri has applied his exceptional skills at numerous medical facilities in Canada and the United States before joining Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants.
Education & Training
- Medical School: University of Ibadan College of Medicine, Ibadan, Nigeria (1983)
- Residency: orthopedic surgery, McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, Ontario
- Fellowship: orthopedic surgery, University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine, Alberta (2000)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Carpal tunnel release
- Nonsurgical interventional spine injections
- Percutaneous kyphoplasty
- Lumbar microdiscectomy
- Cervical and lumbar spine instrumentation
- Endoscopic spine surgery with laser assistance
- Internal fixation for trauma
- SIJ fusions
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Methodist Hospital
- CBC Surgery Center
- Broadwest Specialty Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
If you are experiencing back or neck pain and want to consult with Dr. Rerri, call Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants today at (219) 662-2279 or use our Request an Appointment form to schedule a visit.