John Joseph Pomponi, DO, FAAOS, FAAHKS
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. John Joseph Pomponi is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon and serves as director of orthopaedic surgery at Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants in Crown Point, Indiana.
Born in Rochester, Michigan, Dr. Pomponi earned his Bachelor of Science in pre-medical studies at the Massachusetts College of Health Sciences. He then went on to receive his medical degree from the Michigan State University (MSU) College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his general internship at MSU’s McLaren Oakland Medical Center, where he also completed his orthopaedic surgery residency and served as chief resident.
Over the last decade, Dr. Pomponi has applied his versatile skills as an orthopaedic surgeon at many area hospitals and surgery centers, including serving as director of orthopaedic surgery at Broadwest Surgical Center in Merrillville, Indiana.
Education & Training
- Medical School: Michigan State University (MSU) College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI (2006)
- Residency: orthopaedic surgery, MSU’s McLaren Oakland Medical Center, Pontiac, MI
- Orthopaedic surgery – American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Upper extremity surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Hip replacement surgery
- Fracture care
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Community Hospital
- The Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- CBC Surgery Center
- Broadwest Specialty Surgery Center
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
If you are dealing with an orthopaedic issue and want to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pomponi, call Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants at (219) 662-2279 or use our Request an Appointment form, and he’ll be happy to meet with you.