Jonathan Richard Javors, DO, DLaws, MBA, FAOAO, FACOS, FAAHKS
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Jonathan Richard Javors is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon at Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants in Crown Point, Indiana, with 40 years of medical experience and 20 years of health law experience.
A graduate of Illinois Benedictine College in Lisle, Illinois where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Pre-Med, Dr. Javors received his medical degree from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1980. He then completed his rotating internship at the Chicago Osteopathic Hospital, training in Pediatric Orthopaedics at the Children’s Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio, his hand surgery training at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, and his Spinal and General Orthopaedic training at West Suburban Hospital & Medical Center in Oak Park, Illinois, before completing his residency in General Orthopaedics, Spinal Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Total Joint Replacement Arthroplasty at Doctor’s Hospital in Massillon, Ohio.
Dr. Javors has served as Section Chief in the Orthopaedics and Podiatry Section of Franciscan Healthcare Northwest Indiana Hospitals and has been a Volunteer Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Catherine McAuley Charity Health Clinic since 2010. In addition, Dr. Javors has been a Designated Independent Medical Examiner for the State of Indiana’s Worker’s Compensation Board since 1992.
In addition to his vast experience as an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Javors attended Valparaiso University’s School of Law from 1995-1998 and, in 2000, received his degree of Doctor of Laws; Health Law and Policy at the Health Law Institute of Loyola University, School of Law in Chicago, Illinois.
Education & Training
- Medical School: Midwestern University's Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downer's Grove, IL (1980)
- Residency: general orthopaedics, spinal surgery, sports medicine, and total joint replacement arthroplasty, Doctors Hospital, Massillon, OH
- Orthopaedic surgery – American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- General Orthopaedics
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Adult Osteoarthritis
- Medical / Legal Consulting
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Franciscan Health hospital
- Broadwest Specialty Surgery Center
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
Request an Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Javors, Call Today!
If you would like to consult with Dr. Javors about your orthopaedic condition, call Orthopaedic Surgical Consultants at (219) 662-2279 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form to schedule your visit.